Monday, November 14, 2011

November Exchange

I did not know what to expect going into November. I have never been part of an exchange before and while I've cooked vegan for a while some of our group are omnivores. I did not know half of them personally and was a little anxious if this would be worth the effort. It is common in freezer exchanges to require that people not experiment with new recipes on the group but with people so unused to cooking freezer friendly vegan in such large quantities we kind of threw that one out. 


But as initial emails started going back and forth about what recipes people found or what dishes they made my mouth began to water. The group seemed to be really excited about what they were finding. In asking people to cook outside their comfort zone we ended up with some awesome results. 


I made spiced carrot lentil burgers, winter squash coconut curry soup and orange cranberry muffins. Here are some burgers and soup in progress:






Also exchanged:
Vegetarian Groundnut Stew
Chocolate Banana Muffins
Roasted Bell Peppers Stuffed with Quinoa
Hearty Pumpkin Soup
Sweet Potato Gnocchi
Sweet Potato Burritos
and Black Bean Sloppy Joes


Sounds awesome doesn't it? Just making the list makes me hungry. I'd say for an afternoon of cooking I ended up with a plethora of delicious, healthy, and cruelty free food. 


Any recipes look like you might give them a try? Let us know how they go.  





2 comments:

  1. Just tried your lentil burgers today and they were yummy! My fam liked them too. I'll be doubling the recipe next time as these didn't even make it to freezer :) Looking forward to working my way through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they turned out well enough to go for a larger batch. Veggie burgers are one of my favorite items to make in bulk and freeze. The group favorites from that month was the groundnut stew and the sweet potato burritos. Have fun cooking! Are you filling a freezer or just for fun?

      Delete